It’s been a month since the last linkstream!
To be quite honest, the first half of these links were ready to go 2 weeks ago, but then I underwent a bit of a personal crisis, & I couldn’t even fathom climbing out of bed much less finishing a post.
Things are much, much better now & I feel so excited to share these links with you! Since it’s been so long, I have plenty of juice for you, so if you can’t make it through all at once, bookmark it & come back when you’re feeling dull & full after eating all that holiday ham (on a side note, blech ham!)
As I already took a hiatus during the month, I will have 2 regularly scheduled posts next week — including a new beginnings for the new year themed Wednesday writing prompts on Christmas! Muah!
Alas though, let’s get to the links already!
- Haaaaave you ever wondered what holiday sweater matches your astrological sign? Here’s the answer.
- A writing assignment from Kurt Vonnegut.
- What to do when you run out of ideas.
- Why do we love judgmental tv so much?!
- The end of the year is the perfect time to think about your blogging goals. You could start by contemplating why you like certain bloggers.
- & speaking of reinvention, James Altucher is freaking brilliant.
- Archaeologists now think the Buddha was born much earlier than we thought.
- 50 free apps to be thankful for.
- I have long been a believer that you can learn almost everything from the internet.
- A guide to infusing magic into your wardrobe.
- The beauty of a thumbs-up.
- Use scrap paper to generate new ideas for art projects.
- Everyone loves a good home remedy!
- I’m looking forward to a 90’s themed party in a few weeks (it makes me feel old that there are nostalgic parties based off a time in which I was quite alive), here are some clothes I could wear… (But to be honest, I would wear them anyway!).
- It’s so hard to think of non-cheesy, thought-provoking questions for first dates. Lucky for everyone, Alexandra came up with some!
- Is the universe a hologram? Maybe
- Have you ever thought about courting new friends like you would a new lover? It’s a pretty smart thing to do!
- I must read all of these! The 13 best science & technology books from this year.
- I think one of the reasons I’ve been able to pick myself up so fast after feeling SO bummed the past few weeks, was diligent gratitude. Whenever I started to feel lacking (I miss him, I miss the dogs, I miss my life) I would write a gratitude list focusing on all the things I do have (thank god for my cats, thankful for being busy, grateful for all the support I’ve received). This is because gratitude is a game changer.
- Another thing that helped was getting The Desire Map, which if you don’t know is all about refocusing your goals on how you want to feel. Curious? Here’s really great interview with Danielle to get you started. Want more? This is Danielle & her teams core desired feelings.
- Of course all of you have been watching AHS Coven, as I’ve been swooning about it for weeks now! But if you haven’t, this is why it’s awesome.
- What kind of writers block do you have?
- 5 best alternatives to photoshop.
- Try writing your to-do lists in different colors.
- Gala, Shauna, & Kat’s rainforest adventure looks like it was the coolest thing ever.
- & speaking of cool things Gala does, check out her new radical self love themed jewelry!
- The incredible musical properties of Stonehenge. Awesome.
- Have you been following the daily guide to life design? Get on that, it’s pure gold baby!
- If you’re thinking about rebranding for the new year, Ciera made these worksheets!
- You can now use Spotify on your phone without premium!
- How to make your business ideas a reality, from Sarah.
- James Altucher does it again :: the cure for the emotional flu. Yep.
- Are you a fellow crystal loving kid?
- If you’ve been thinking about quitting blogging, you should read this first.
- Lastly, some of my posts you may have missed! Tis’ the season:: gratitude attitude, last minute ideas for the outlaw in your life, & an open letter for my broken heart. Bonus: I wrote this magical guide to starting the new year last year! Check it out to get you in the mood for 2014!
Still craving more!? (After all that!) Past linkstreams live here!
photo courtesy of Made in Slant.