“When you’ve got nothing, the only place to go is up. When you’re feeling uninspired, you’re simply unrestrained. Try and make something stupid. Take another shot at a project you’ve done before. It doesn’t matter that you feel uninspired. When you do things anyway, the inspiration will follow.” -Justin David Cox
Hello lovely outlaws! Happy Thursday!
The beginning of this week, it was super cold, grey & wet in Houston– perfect for drinking a bunch of tea, staying inside to watch Lost (have I mentioned I’ve been watching Lost for the first time? It’s INSANE), & scouring the internet for delicious goodies. It finally cleared up, just in time for the weekend, which is good news because I plan on doing a lot of outside dancing.
If you’re still stuck inside– perhaps these can help cure the winter blues!
- Interested in the law of attraction but skeptical? Raptitude has a really great article on it for science heads & secret-haters.
- Also from Raptitude, (it’s one of my very favorite blogs, I would highly suggest reading everything, actually!) compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe.
- This week Shauna taught the internet how to make your accessories more exciting using some spray paint & tape! (You can also peek inside her design space in this interview!)
- Another easy DIY project–how to make an animal print scarf. (I see many elephant scarves in my future…)
- The 5 weirdest things that influence your dreams. (I love weirdo dreams!)
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey are women worth emulating in 2013.
- For my fellow wordpress users-here are 10 essential security plugins.
- If you’ve known me for any length of time, you’ll know that my favorite show is Arrested Development. So I’m super excited that the new season is officially out on Netflix this May!
- The really excellent, Mystic Medusa published these pay-what-you-can 2013 Cosmic Bitch must know mission statements & love tips.
- Speaking of Mystic Medusa, did you know there were upsides to being a love zombie? & are you ready for the future?
- So did you know that wrinkled fingers have an evolutionary purpose?
- I love looking at Austin’s pocket notebooks & logbooks.
- The 5 step answer to getting a life.
- From Yes & Yes–When no is better than yes (she would know!) & how to make your goal making pretty!
- If you’ve ever been out of town & forgotten your phone charger (& who hasn’t?) Veronica shared her dirty little secret on how to never pay for one again.
- The end of men was one of the most interesting articles I’ve read of recent.
- Aspacia was a pretty awesome lady.
- If one of your new years resolutions was to eat healthier, then eating in season is one of easiest & healthiest changes you can make. This is all the glorious produce available during the January & February months.
- Do you think that extended warranties are worth the price or that you really need to pay for cable? Lifehacker has the 6 most common tech myths that are costing you money.
- What are you waiting for?
- The other person is never the problem (hah maybe Taylor Swift should read this article…)
- Inhale suffering, exhale compassion. A meditation from Danielle LaPorte.