Happy Thursday outlaws! Welcome to linkstream, my favorite things I’ve found on the web in the past week (or so…). This Thursday is a little more political than I normally go, but alas, it was an election week & it’s on everyone’s minds. But never fear, there’s fun all abound!
- Did you defriend facebook friends during the election? Well it’s time to heal the divide.
- From Raptitude, voting does not equal speaking your mind. (Which leads me to ask, how can we personally, individually, actively engage in the dynamics of this country beyond voting?)
- Conversely, Seth Godin explains that marketing is why you should really vote.
- David Simon wrote this really interesting piece, & honestly, if you don’t read anything else today, read this. Barack Obama & the death of normal. “Change is a motherfucker when you run from it.”
- And finally we move out of politics. I love Jessica Mullen’s Tuesday Tips (it’s one of the reasons I wake up excited on Tuesday’s!), & this week’s are PERFECT.
- THIS THIS THIS!Gala Darling’s guide to Mercury Retrograde. I am totally suffering from your stereotypical retrograde issues. My music playlists all disappeared, my internet connection flicks on & off. I’m making computer back ups RIGHT NOW as I write this to help cushion any more mercurial blows.
- Gala also wrote about her time during the hurricane. It’s almost unbelievable the amount of devastation & I feel I should be used to it (I live in Houston, we are all too familiar with the hurricanes), but it still makes me feel sad, but also very grateful for my own good fortune.
- Why you should take your 20’s seriously. “Whatever your career and life goals, realize that the skills you develop and the personality you forge in your 20s will determine many of your abilities the rest of your life.”
- Are you stuck? Get unstuck!
That’s it for the week! If you ever have any suggestions for linkstream, please leave me a comment or pop me a message on twitter! I’m always looking for juicy internet goodness!