horror show sara
So it’s the last month of the spring semester,
& I’ve been procrastinating, of course. I have so many papers that need to be written & words that require reading, it’d be exhausting if I were actually on top of my shit (whoops!). Instead, I’ve been perusing the internet & rewatching Broad City (dude).
Want to procrastinate with me? Links a’hoy!
Longing for more link-ing? CLICK HERE!
Oh! It is still winter
(at least sort of, it fluctuates between all the seasons in Houston). I have mixed feelings regarding this; on one hand I love the cold, the barren, the desolate poetry that is winter, on the otherhand, oh my god it’s so windy. (P.S If you’re struggling with this long, weird winter — check out the 17 ways I make winter magic happen!). Feel free to flee the frost, with some internet tomfoolery!
- Oh no (oh yes!)! It’s Mercury Retrograde again! Here are 5 tools for getting through it.
- Success may lie in underpromising & overdelivering.
- More from Alexandra, on giving up your excuses.
- The amazing Lady J has brilliant tips for living the good life!
- A very interesting read on how blogging is evolving.
- What do you want to contribute/what do you want to achieve? Clarity from Steve Pavlina.
- Art requires risk.
- 3 things you can do with old blog posts.
- Crazy-sexy, arousal with no touching!
- How often do you shower?
- Here are some easily implemented strategies to improve your writing!
- You may have noticed my absolute love of Alan Watts, Brain Pickings did a fantastic piece on one of my favorites of his!
- Train that sexy brain of yours for better creative thinking!
- Here’s an awesome worksheet to help you manage your time more efficiently!
- 6 DIY natural beauty secrets, from the wonderful Veronica.
- Fucking brilliant.
- More magical brilliance.
- & another from Altucher, on one of my favorite comedians, the Hare Krishna’s & sales.
- & even more magic, gee whiz! 5 ways to fit magic into your life.
- I don’t believe in guilty pleasures either! Like what you like!
- The new Cosmos arrives in March! So flippin’ excited!
- Missed out on recent posts of mine? :: I wrote some tips for lyrical sorcery, I shared some of my winter, I compiled a Best of 2013 list, & came up with some new prompts I & II.
In case of a need-more-linkstream emergency, click here!
photo credit: 8#X via photopin cc
It’s been a month since the last linkstream!
To be quite honest, the first half of these links were ready to go 2 weeks ago, but then I underwent a bit of a personal crisis, & I couldn’t even fathom climbing out of bed much less finishing a post.
Things are much, much better now & I feel so excited to share these links with you! Since it’s been so long, I have plenty of juice for you, so if you can’t make it through all at once, bookmark it & come back when you’re feeling dull & full after eating all that holiday ham (on a side note, blech ham!)
As I already took a hiatus during the month, I will have 2 regularly scheduled posts next week — including a new beginnings for the new year themed Wednesday writing prompts on Christmas! Muah!
Alas though, let’s get to the links already!
- Haaaaave you ever wondered what holiday sweater matches your astrological sign? Here’s the answer.
- A writing assignment from Kurt Vonnegut.
- What to do when you run out of ideas.
- Why do we love judgmental tv so much?!
- The end of the year is the perfect time to think about your blogging goals. You could start by contemplating why you like certain bloggers.
- & speaking of reinvention, James Altucher is freaking brilliant.
- Archaeologists now think the Buddha was born much earlier than we thought.
- 50 free apps to be thankful for.
- I have long been a believer that you can learn almost everything from the internet.
- A guide to infusing magic into your wardrobe.
- The beauty of a thumbs-up.
- Use scrap paper to generate new ideas for art projects.
- Everyone loves a good home remedy!
- I’m looking forward to a 90’s themed party in a few weeks (it makes me feel old that there are nostalgic parties based off a time in which I was quite alive), here are some clothes I could wear… (But to be honest, I would wear them anyway!).
- It’s so hard to think of non-cheesy, thought-provoking questions for first dates. Lucky for everyone, Alexandra came up with some!
- Is the universe a hologram? Maybe
- Have you ever thought about courting new friends like you would a new lover? It’s a pretty smart thing to do!
- I must read all of these! The 13 best science & technology books from this year.
- I think one of the reasons I’ve been able to pick myself up so fast after feeling SO bummed the past few weeks, was diligent gratitude. Whenever I started to feel lacking (I miss him, I miss the dogs, I miss my life) I would write a gratitude list focusing on all the things I do have (thank god for my cats, thankful for being busy, grateful for all the support I’ve received). This is because gratitude is a game changer.
- Another thing that helped was getting The Desire Map, which if you don’t know is all about refocusing your goals on how you want to feel. Curious? Here’s really great interview with Danielle to get you started. Want more? This is Danielle & her teams core desired feelings.
- Of course all of you have been watching AHS Coven, as I’ve been swooning about it for weeks now! But if you haven’t, this is why it’s awesome.
- What kind of writers block do you have?
- 5 best alternatives to photoshop.
- Try writing your to-do lists in different colors.
- Gala, Shauna, & Kat’s rainforest adventure looks like it was the coolest thing ever.
- & speaking of cool things Gala does, check out her new radical self love themed jewelry!
- The incredible musical properties of Stonehenge. Awesome.
- Have you been following the daily guide to life design? Get on that, it’s pure gold baby!
- If you’re thinking about rebranding for the new year, Ciera made these worksheets!
- You can now use Spotify on your phone without premium!
- How to make your business ideas a reality, from Sarah.
- James Altucher does it again :: the cure for the emotional flu. Yep.
- Are you a fellow crystal loving kid?
- If you’ve been thinking about quitting blogging, you should read this first.
- Lastly, some of my posts you may have missed! Tis’ the season:: gratitude attitude, last minute ideas for the outlaw in your life, & an open letter for my broken heart. Bonus: I wrote this magical guide to starting the new year last year! Check it out to get you in the mood for 2014!
Still craving more!? (After all that!) Past linkstreams live here!
photo courtesy of Made in Slant.
& mind inception.')">
November is upon us!
Crazy non? It’s no secret that fall is my favorite season (although a) anything not summer is great, & b) there’s no such thing as fall in Texas.) I’m so excited for next two months: finishing up this semester & registering for spring, delicious holiday foods, delicious holiday dresses, the knowledge that cold weather is looming (I wore shorts this week, come on!).
Let’s get to some links!
photo credit: Express Monorail via photopin cc
I can’t believe how fast it has gone by.
Slow down time with some lovely links.
That’s it for this week (& the last linkstream of October, can you believe it!?) If you are just dying for more, check out past linkstreams.