♥ fixing my website this morning! ♥ getting things done ♥ sour cherry, lime, strawberry, mint & coconut smoothie ♥ lime, mint, coconut & nut brown rice for lunch ♥ daily writing practice ♥ working on anything blog stuff ♥ getting my transcript mailed off ♥ daily cleaning ♥ watching the soup ♥ progressively getting through my yoga routine ♥ having a timer on my phone ♥ new pens ♥ journaling ♥ eating a grilled chicken salad last night ♥ days to myself ♥ arrested development is THIS WEEKEND ♥ looking at pictures of nebulae ♥ thinking about branding ♥ re-reading the firestarter sessions ♥ practicing magic ♥ daily mystic emails ♥ back support ♥ scrivener ♥ pinterest ♥ the xfinity tv remote app ♥ remembering to save my solutions ♥ evolving organization ♥ afternoon coffee ♥ chomping on mint leaves ♥ fresh herbs ♥ learning what tastes good together ♥ having fresh & dried herbs & spices ♥ swirling my hair ♥ my dance playlist ♥ discovering new music ♥ my cat coasters ♥ vinegar cleaner ♥ editing ♥ blogs about grammar & writing advice ♥ wunderlist ♥ premaking cookie dough to eat later ♥ coconut oil & coconut milk ♥ feng shui ♥ lifestreaming ♥ taking photos ♥ taking care or chores ♥ my phone ♥ my printer ♥ highlighters in other colors besides yellow ♥ wp plugins ♥ having fun! ♥ the school of life design fb page ♥ om nama narayana ♥ having a rechargeable fan for summer cooling ♥ twitter ♥ meditation ♥ recording my own tanglen meditation ♥ seinfeld ♥ 20 minute time limits ♥ the ceramic juicer & how well it works! ♥ summer nights ♥ facetiming josh last night ♥ klout ♥ champions league this saturday ♥ feeling good lately ♥ kava ♥ engaging ♥ creating negative space ♥ throwing things out ♥ practicing practical evolution ♥ paradox! ♥ family tree, veep & maron (hilarity!) ♥ my backpacks are perfect for biking & school ♥ the wireless keyboard is perfect for school & note taking ♥ writing writing writing ♥ working on posts ♥ feeling healthy (it’s a journey!) ♥ the zap zone ♥ walnuts
- Design cheat sheets for everything is ridiculously useful.
- Feeling low on inspiration lately? Check out these 101 ultra motivating tips.
- I’m adding this to my Best of writing post asap: Proofreading like a pro!
- Gala’s Magical Thinking is blowing my mind.
- Sarah wrote 5 words she’s been mispronouncing. The first time I said ephemeral, I pronounced it “eff-em-air-al”; & the person I said it looked at me like “excuse me, what?”
- Also from Sarah, Things we don’t say enough.
- Novelty & the brain: why new things make us feel so good.
- I’m totally going to try some white bean salads, perfect for summer!
- Inside the Stilleto Network is a very interesting read about Pamela Ryckman’s new book, on women in the workplace.
- I love coffee too much to NOT own an espresso machine. I’m so in love with Shauna’s amazing new bright yellow one! Eek!
- Stopping the I’m sorries & I can’ts.
- Arrested Development is my ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW, so needless to say, I’m jumping off ledges in excitement over it’s return, this weekend. Naturally, I loved post on fashion that’s inspired by it.
- If you’ve been dreaming about money lately, do you know what it means?
- I think this week’s Tuesday Tips might be my favorite so far!
- Fake it till you make it, baby!
If you’ve been wondering what I’ve been up to lately, I wrote about it yesterday! I hope you check it out! & as always, feel free to tweet me!
Noticed some changes around here?
It started a few months ago, I just really wanted a fresh & lighter feel to my site– so I did a little bit of tweaking. I’m still definitely in the process; hunting through inspiration on Pinterest & starting to see patterns in what I want to do with CosmicOutlaw. I’ve narrowed down on a color scheme-clearly revolving around grey & purple (I tend to gravitate towards those 2 colors in all of my life)-but I’m going to be playing with some color here too (hello oranges, pinks & blues!). I’ve made quite a few behind the scenes tweaks as well.
I finally bit the bullet & published a Facebook page (about time, you say!) I would LOVE for you to come hang out with me there! Also notice my snazzy new Flower of Life icons on the left of the page. (I got them here, if you like them!)
I’m so excited to be working on my site! I feel such a renewed zest & vigor in all areas of my life lately, & CosmicOutlaw is definitely my main focus. It doesn’t stop there though!
In my own life, I haven’t had a cigarette in over 4 months! The effects have been profound, & not just physically. I’ve learned a lot about myself & the nature of willpower & have been so inspired I’m cooking up a whole series about my experiments in self discipline.
I recently started using a Vitamix & it’s fucking changed my life; smoothies everyday (so far strawberry/ mint has been the best!), carrot juice, asparagus soup, & that’s just the beginning. I’m ridiculously eager to try making my own nut butters & iced coffee drinks this summer.
I’ve been exercising (ALMOST) daily & it feels amazing. I’ve been cleaning. I’ve been writing daily. I pulled my bike out of storage (just in time for the scorching summer…) & feeling a vast improvement from how I’ve felt just a few months ago. If you remember in my New Years post I talked about choosing a power word & I’ve really been focusing mine (warrior). It’s filled me with intent & purpose & I’ve found that, even though I’ve definitely hit some turbulence this year, I haven’t fallen off track. High fives all around.
+ I’ve been working on some ultra exciting posts for you Outlaws– & have been experimenting with using an editorial calendar. I look forward to sharing with you on a more consistent schedule, so right now I’m just playing around with seeing what works.
+ I’ve also been working on the (sometimes tedious!) process of organizing my photos & making art with them. I’ve been exploring all sorts of photo editing apps & software– which is so much fun! I have some secret plans for my art as well… Something else to look forward to!
+ I’m reworking my to do list/ life goals/ warrior power plans. I’ve learned so much about myself, how I think/ work/ live, since I’ve last made any sort of long term goals– so I’m definitely eager to do a life audit. I know this is what I need to be doing because as soon as I made the decision to do so, Alex published this piece on what is required for happiness, & David posted this article on how to actually do everything on your to do list. Ta-da!
+I’m in the process of going back to school in the fall! I know right!?
In case you’ve missed:
- 17 ways I make magic happen: websites, the internet & technology edition.
- Best of writing advice
- How I use Pinterest to change my life
- The amazing links in linkstream!
- My lifestream
If you have any suggestions for CosmicOutlaw– anything from posts you’d like to see me write about, to design tips; I’d love for you to get in touch! (Or even if you just want to talk to me about anything…!) Until next time!
♥ trying the pomodoro technique ♥ my phone having a timer ♥ mole enchiladas ♥ getting my bookcase dusted & cleared out ♥ roasted potatoes ♥ the vitamix ♥ working on my updates post ♥ feeling good ♥ creating negative space ♥ adding spinach to my smoothies ♥ protein shakes ♥ my new pens! ♥ physical writing ♥ editing & making photos ♥ spotify ♥ my moleskine ♥ writing on 750words ♥ beating my daily streak! ♥ houston getting the superbowl in 2017 ♥ my gauchos ♥ doing yoga ♥ tuesday tips! ♥ getting things done ♥ the kitchen being clean ♥ frozen fruit ♥ herbs! herbs with everything! ♥ feedly ♥ taking my own advice ♥ veronica’s magic monday ♥ i can write on 750 on anything from anywhere. ♥ the wireless keyboard. ♥ photo software ♥ having fun saturday night ♥ injustice: gods among us ♥ weird fishes as my alarm ♥ picasa for organizing my photos. ♥ chanting ♥ redoing the firestarter sessions ♥ learning ♥ mystic medusa ♥ having coffee & k-cups ♥ entering that photo wall contest ♥ cleaning out my purse ♥ being a season ticket holder ♥ my file folders ♥ gathering linkstream links ♥ klout perks ♥ practicing magic ♥ getting to see maebe or the first time in about a year! ♥ finally seeing the first star trek movie >.> ♥ having moonrise kingdom on demand ♥ memorial day wknd ♥ through the wormhole on demand ♥ all my important stuff in organized & sorted. ♥ my curly hair ♥ collecting change ♥ manifesting
things i’m excited for:
+ publishing my recent posts
+ experimenting more w/ the pomodoro method
+ arrested development this wknd!
+ working on my site more
+ getting EVERYTHING clean
+ going back to school in the fall
+ the next few us games
+ the last few episodes of game of thrones & veep
+ the whole rest of family tree
+ the fourth of july party
+ learning more css
+ experimenting w/ monetisation.
+ continuing my daily streak
+ bike adventures
+ going to the bat bridge again!
+ taking the dogs to the beach!
+ losing just a little more weight & feeling strong, & flexible & fit.
+ organizing all of my photos
+ craft projects!
+ my 2 yr blog anniversary!
+ selling art
+ trying new restaurants
+ getting my plum lipstick soon!
+ manifesting everything i need & want
+ the new queens of the stone age album
Happy Thursday Outlaws! It may be a little quiet around here right now– but it’s only because I’ve been doing a lot of behind the scenes work around to really snazzy up the place! I’m working on a post discussing all these little updates –but in the meantime, links!
Lovely, lovely links!
- What if gender roles in advertising were reversed? A video I thoroughly enjoyed.
- Instead of mindlessly surfing or playing games, why not check out these 7 brain boosting websites?
- It’s not too late to be thinking about spring cleaning! Here are some feng shui to-do’s & Veronica’s guide to spring cleaning your closets. (Bonus: my own magic cleaning advice!)
- The effects of Kava as a stress reducer. I have used Kava in a powdered capsule form & when I’m feeling particularly anxious-it can definitely help me ease up. I would love to try it in it’s pure form though!
- Can smoking pot make you skinnier? (!!!)
- A guide to practical compassion.
- I loved this! Shit you should NEVER feel guilty about! Yes!
- Love & hair spells.
- Here are some tips to curing midday fuzzy brain.
- The freaking awesome Danielle LaPorte wrote what I know about working with people (& yes this also applies to romance–as does most business advice). A must read!
Have anything you’d like to see listed here? Please tweet me!
♥ answering trivia correctly & ♥ winning tickets to the dynamo game! ♥ minty pear salad ♥ rosemary crushed potatoes ♥ new girl & mindy finales tonight ♥ african clay face mask ♥ swirling my hair ♥ pinterest ♥ the fucking impossibles ♥ all the excitement building over arrested development & making super cool bluth slumber party plans ♥ these lyrics if seems like you’re slipping in value i can offer you some of the skyline ♥ synchronicity ♥ writing every day ♥ listening to new music ♥ the feeling of fresh new sheets ♥ rhye ♥ getting everything done ♥ 750words ♥ feedly ♥ batch editing photos ♥ watching a ridiculous amount of food porn ♥ being a cyborg ♥ klout ♥ engaging in really good conversations ♥ finally watching the latest ep of game of thrones (so good!- angry at myself for not watching it asap!) ♥ family tree ♥ dancing ♥ light toys & astro jax ♥ developing my aesthetic. ♥ saying silly bullshit like “developing my aesthetic” ♥ magic! ♥ having a bike! ♥ yoga & pilates ♥ putting mint in EVERYTHING ♥ the windy evenings ♥ the timbers army “pride not prejudice” display!
♥ fresh groceries ♥ rosemary, feta, nuts, salad, & healthy eating ♥ the smell of rosemary ♥ getting my laundry done ♥ the dynamo winning 4–0 yesterday & moving into 1st place! ♥ sea salt ♥ having a clean bathroom! ♥ thursday tv shows ♥ delicious coffee! ♥ writing everyday ♥750words, scrivener, slickwrite ♥ mint leaves! ♥ smoothies ♥ yoga ♥ grey nails ♥ practical evolution ♥ grey weather ♥ having good peppercorn & sea salt (BECAUSE SIMPLE FLAVORS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE) ♥ freaking pinterest! (of course) ♥ spotify, my music, making playlists, disc. new music.♥ the soup ♥ working on posts for ze site. ♥ planning, scheduling, ical ♥ my hair ♥ hanging out w/ friends ♥ wunderlist ♥ xox betsey johnson premiers this sunday ♥ my site ♥ i love wildfox & the prefall into the wildfox collection ♥ rain! ♥ sunglasses ♥ mystic medusa ♥ maron ♥ qotsa ♥ watching antm all stars ♥ building willpower ♥ mythology ♥ evernote ♥ reframing & refocusing ♥ adding things to my wishlist! ♥ secret pin boards ♥ magic everything ♥ my sports bra ♥ ballet shoes ♥ homemade drawer organizers ♥ wearing my hair up ♥ double exposure photos & layers ♥ light toys ♥ dancing ♥ chopin ♥
reasons to like summer
♥ dresses ♥ motivation for exercise ♥ frozen drinks & smoothies & ice cream ♥ summer fruit (PEACHES) ♥ indoor weather for reading & writing ♥ the bat bridge ♥ night time w/ crickets & frog noises ♥ summer rain ♥ none of my summer laundry really needs particular far out care ♥ it’s easier & lighter to dress ♥ bike rides ♥ rivers ♥ trying new shoes ♥ having fall & winter to look forward to ♥ discovery green ♥ dynamo games ♥ football season towards the end ♥ sunglasses ♥ bright bold summer colors ♥ light lasting longer & dark mornings ♥ summer friends ♥ mom is in a cheerier mood ♥ thunderstorms ♥ a good time to practice allowing & letting things be. ♥ a good time to practice drinking enough water ♥ wearing my hair up, trying salt hairspray & new hairstyles ♥ trying & making summer soups in the vitamix ♥ the annual 4th of july party ♥
- So last week I put together my best of writing list & the very same day, Brain Pickings created a readlist of all the writing advice that’s been featured on the site!
- Six rules every business owner needs to obey.
- If you want to be productive– you should clean your desk! Lifehacker put together a great list of tips on how to do just that!
- Do you think millennials are delusional or just optimistic?
- Heh…If Disney characters were college students today!
- 2 easy Tuesday tips!
- Blog Log #9 is just what I needed to read this week! Everyone keep going!
- How to slay your shyness!
- All needs are preferences, so we should let reality be real. A perfect reminder before the heat of Houston summer kicks in.
- Your best & your same (vs your different & your truth).
- I am a fan of both modern art & dessert (dessert…especially!) so naturally I need to own this book!
- Beautiful. A story of a vow.
- A few years ago I read Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art (& Do the Work!) & I highly recommend them! To get a feel for them, check out his 12 tips to turning pro & overcoming procrastination!
- I am a subscriber to Mystic Medusa & her oracle is almost always spot on! (Except when I asked what housewitchery cure I should try, it suggested I get a cat– but I have 4 cats! Holy cow no more cats! Unless it meant literally right then go grab one of my cats…)
- Love your sadness, it won’t last.
i’m excited for
+the dynamo playing tonight
+arrested development at the end of the month!
+other posts i have planned!
+using MY bike!
+going to the bat bridge this summer
+making money money money, money!
+perhaps getting a new bike!
+continuing my writing streak
+losing my post quitting cigarette weight, continuing to use the vitamix & do excellent yoga workouts.
+the new fb design
+batch editing my photos
+catching fire coming out!
+this wks game of thrones & veep & christopher guest’s new show
+shopping with my mom during the summer
+going to the library
+finishing metamagical themas
+reading aldous huxley’s essays & re-reading east of eden.
+watching the soup
+going back to school
♥ getting my work done! ♥ the vitamix ♥ dark roasted coffees ♥ computer cleaning programs ♥ pulling my bike out & finding 2 locks, the tires & a basket ♥ yoga yoga yoga ♥ scrivener ♥ 4 months no smoking! ♥ 750words & writing everyday ♥ collecting good things ♥ veep, mindy & new girl, game of thrones, the soup, parks & rec ♥ using the icloud cal ♥ my moleskines ♥ figuring out patterns ♥ the zap zone! ♥ mystic medusa ♥ EVOLUTION ♥ willpower ♥ twitter ♥ feedly ♥ discovering (finding + creating) opportunity ♥ blog log @ nubbytwiglet.com ♥ editing & editing apps ♥ plugins for chrome ♥ jump rope ♥ astrojax & fireflyz light toys ♥ cleaning ♥ pinterest (obviously) ♥ sweet potatoes ♥ having a whole extra bulb of garlic left ♥ the dishes being done ♥ brainstorming ♥ the dynamo playing dc tomr. ♥ collecting glass jars